Re: [OM] In the studio (of sorts) -much too long response

Subject: Re: [OM] In the studio (of sorts) -much too long response
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:25:56 -0600
At 05:45 AM 4/3/00 -0500, Tom Scales wrote:
>All good suggestions that I'll try.  I just acquired (or will soon) two of
>the T20 TTL adapters (thanks to a fellow list member), so I'll switch from
>the T32 to the T20, which should help.  I'll also try moving one farther
>away.  I'll probably also try boucing off the ceiling, both with and without
>the diffusers.  I do know I'm just overpowering the situation with light.

One of the things I'm glad I invested in (besides a really good flash/ambi
light meter -- Minolta Flash Meter V) is the Olympus TTL Auto Cord T 5M.
16-and-1/2 feet of TTL cord, while expensive, is definitely worth it when I'm
doing a single-umbrella setup and want to "no-brain" it with my OM-4.  The
Minolta comes out when I'm ganging Vivitar 283s.  I don't think I'd be
comfortable doing multiple T32s -- never quite sure when the TTL exposure
circuit's properly quenched the flashes, and I don't know how it would handle
fill ratios other than 1:1.

Also, moving the umbrella farther away tends to even out the lumens across your
subject, assuming they're properly "covered" in the first place.

Garth

"No, this is the Great Theatre of Life.  Admission is free, but the taxation is
mortal.  You come when you can, and leave when you must.  The show is
continuous.  Good-night."

    -- Robertson Davies
       1913 - 1995