[OM] In the studio (of sorts) - selective response

Subject: [OM] In the studio (of sorts) - selective response
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 00:27:26 -0700
Tom,

I think those on the list who have had much experience with protrait and
studio photography are giving you some solid information.  The OM TTL
flash system was really not designed for typical studio photography.
Like others have said lighting control is really the most important
factor.  You can use the least expensive flash units you can find.  You
must learn how to control what they do.  Cheapie on camera flashes do
not allow much control over light.  So you must learn how to place them
at different distances to achieve the desired effect.  A flash meter is
an absolute essential piece of equipment in quality studio work.  I
bought my first flash meter for about $50.00.  I have since spent much
more on meters that really make the work of metering less tedious.

If you want good results in the studio you shoud just forget the OM TLL
system.  It is just not the system to use for high quality studio work.

Phillip Franklin

Tom said:
===I don't mean to be argumentative, and everyone's comments are a huge
help, I
just still believe this should be attainable with the expensive
equipment
that I own.  If not, I might as well have bought a P&S.=====