RE: TTL VS Flash meter - was Re: [OM] In the studio (of sorts)

Subject: RE: TTL VS Flash meter - was Re: [OM] In the studio (of sorts)
From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 11:52:45 +0100
Charlie wrote:

>> I started out creating a page to compare TTL and Flash meter shots
>> but wound up with a problem of my own.
>> Why do my web pic's come out all funny looking?

Acer nailed it: GIF only supports 8-bit (i.e. 256 colour) pallettised images
and isn't a good choice for photographs.

Use JPEG, it handles 24-bit colour (or 8-bit grayscale).

GIF also has dodgy licencing issues related to patents on the compression
scheme and is sometimes boycotted for that reason too.

-Brian