[OM] New Guy - Old Questions

Subject: [OM] New Guy - Old Questions
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:37:33 -0400
Hey y'all (as we say here in Boston) -

I'm a new list subscriber on the very verge of becoming an Olympite.  It
could happen tonight, depending upon your advice.    So, here we go:

I have the opportunity to trade my vintage Nikkormat FT for an Olympus OM-2
or OM-2S Program.  The cameras appear to be in good working order and are
equipped with their respective Nikkor and Zuiko 50mm f1.8 lenses.

1) Are the cameras comparable in quality and ruggedness of build?  (I do not
abuse equipment...in fact, I baby it...but durability is important to me).

2)  How do the Nikkor and Zuiko optical qualities compare?  (I find Nikkor
less than thrilling...but that's because I owned Leicas for years until a
family illness forced the sale of my modest collection).

3) Given equal condition, which Olympus is preferable, the OM-2 or OM-2S
Program?

Many thanks,

Craig Roberts