Re: [OM] New Guy - Old Questions

Subject: Re: [OM] New Guy - Old Questions
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 13:43:55 EDT
In a message dated 04/04/2000 1:19:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
croberts@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> 1) Are the cameras comparable in quality and ruggedness of build?  (I do not
>  abuse equipment...in fact, I baby it...but durability is important to me).

The OM's are of equally excellent construction. The OM-2 is more repairable
than the OM-2S, though.

>  2)  How do the Nikkor and Zuiko optical qualities compare?  (I find Nikkor
>  less than thrilling...but that's because I owned Leicas for years until a
>  family illness forced the sale of my modest collection).

I only know Zuikos, but I've heard that the Zuikos are the most Leica-like of
the Japanese optics

>  3) Given equal condition, which Olympus is preferable, the OM-2 or OM-2S
>  Program?

As much as I love the OM-2S, if I had to choose one it would be the OM-2,
primarily because it is more repairable.

Just get them both...

Paul Schings