[OM] My scanning woes, was, Re: TTL VS Flash meter

Subject: [OM] My scanning woes, was, Re: TTL VS Flash meter
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:44:13 -0700
Thanks for all the responses and suggestions.
Here is how the photo's were done.
Flatbed scanner at 72dpi.
Adobe photo deluxe software.
No manipulation.
No compressing.
Converted to JPEG with the idiot button.
Imported to the web page builder in MS Publisher.
*The same thing happens if I scan at say 300 dpi and use the idiot
button to compress to 72dpi.
This stuff all worked fine a few months ago.

I opened the file today and the photo's looked fine for what they are.
72dpi JPEG's.
I opened the document in publisher and they were even worse than yesterday.
WAIT A MINUTE!, I just went to picture display and changed the setting.
They look good now.
Maybe it is the settings I have in publisher and not the scans at all.

One other thing though,
In Photo Deluxe, if I scan at say 300 and reduce to 72 I get banding that
looks like venetian blinds.  Any thoughts on that?

Hey this started off as a OM topic.
Charlie L.