RE: [OM] questions about other low ev cameras

Subject: RE: [OM] questions about other low ev cameras
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:07:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Harridge, Wayne wrote:

>   The question is:  Are most people not interested in low light/night
> shots or do they not attempt it because of the limitations of their
> equipment ?

   Thanks to P&S cameras, fast films are better than ever, and
the breakthrough emulsion technology at AGFA promises usable,
 real ISO's in the 12,800 range, a dream for night-time street
shooters.
  Street shooting is at an all-time low, from what I can see,
and not just at night.
There was a recent article on this in the New York Times (maybe
it's still up, and someone can find an URL ?).
  Part of it has been the crime figures, but IMO, most of it has to do
with trends in the arts and culture in general. The "coccooning"
so popular with yuppies has also infected the arts world, where the
tendency has been to go into the personal world (Sally Mann would be
a good example, but there are many).
  There's plenty of good available light work being done, but not
much being published.

                                        *= Doris Fang =*

  " A dreamer of pictures I run in the night..."

                              "Cinnamon Girl"