Phillip's ppt file was Re: [OM] OM to Digital

Subject: Phillip's ppt file was Re: [OM] OM to Digital
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:24:14 -0700
Yes, Acer by all means post that ppt file.

To slightly change the subject.  Fuji's new 4700 Zoom digi cam is now
shipping. We're talking 4.3 megapixels at less than a grand (that's
$979.00 US to our International members).  Can you say 2400x1800, 3x
aspherical Fujinon  38-114mm/f2.8 lens, 3 metering modes ... multi,
center & SPOT, Shutter speeds 1/2000 to 3 seconds, recycle time of less
than 2 seconds! Wow!  We're talking about a 16.5mb uncompressed image
.... that's a 6"x 8" at 300 dpi! And for a street price by late summer
to be in the $875 range! Wow again!

Ok if that's not enough to get your motor running let's jump to Fuji's
kick ass Fine Pix S1 Pro ... Ready for this ........

It's a 1.1 inch (hey how big is a 35mm anyway?) super CCD sensor
delivering 6.1 megapixals ( yes a 20mb uncompressed image) on a SLR
platform which is using Nikon lenses.  I have not seen a price quote on
it but it is said to beat up on Nikon's D1.  I thinking less than 3
grand.   If you must see this baby just go here:
http://www.fujifilm.com/tcm.html?x-tempest-op=generic&ContentId=2388&UserTypeId=1&CurrentTopCat=4&pagetype=FocusLevelTwo

All I can say is hey Olympus get off your ass and quit feeding us that
crap about digital cams and traditional lenses.  Right?  Maybe those
corporate weenies at Olympus  will wake up and join in the game instead
of wasting their time whining and making Power Point presentations as to
why it can't be done.

Phillip