RE: [OM] My scanning woes, was, Re: TTL VS Flash meter

Subject: RE: [OM] My scanning woes, was, Re: TTL VS Flash meter
From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:12:09 +0100
Cc: "'cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Charles Loeven wrote:

>> Thanks for all the responses and suggestions.
>> Here is how the photo's were done.
>> Flatbed scanner at 72dpi.
>> Adobe photo deluxe software.
>> No manipulation.
>> No compressing.
>> Converted to JPEG with the idiot button.
>> Imported to the web page builder in MS Publisher.
>> *The same thing happens if I scan at say 300 dpi and use the idiot
>> button to compress to 72dpi.
>> This stuff all worked fine a few months ago.

They definitely seem to be GIFs on you Web site (you can see this if you
right-click on the image and select Save As), so Publisher must be
making it's own copies of the JPGs and converting them to GIF.

I can't imagine why, because all browsers must surely support jpeg by now.

Check your Publisher settings and have a look at what it actually writes
to the target directory.

-Brian