Re: [OM] OM10 & OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10 & OM2000
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 14:40:28 -0500

Susan wrote:

>Alex,
>Welcome to the group! We are fanatical, but fun-loving!
>
>Had you considered goiing ahead and finding her a good, used OM-1?? Why not
>start her on a camera she'll want to keep all her life? I started my son on
>my original OM-1 MD and will have a terrible time getting it back as he has
>really done well with it. I'm not crazy about the plastic chassis of the
>OM-10, and the 2000 is not the compact format of the original OM system.

Actually the OM2000 is not less compact than the original OM system
cameras, at least not much less compact.  They actually weigh less as well
because of the space-age plastic (cough) used in just about everything but
the chassis.

I don't necessarily disagree with Susan's advice.  Both the OM-1 and OM2000
are  good choices for learning photography.  I like and use both cameras.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA