Re: Phillip's ppt file was Re: [OM] OM to Digital

Subject: Re: Phillip's ppt file was Re: [OM] OM to Digital
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 00:57:48 +0100
Phillip Franklin wrote:
>...Ok if that's not enough to get your motor running let's jump to Fuji's
>kick ass Fine Pix S1 Pro ... Ready for this ........
>
>It's a 1.1 inch (hey how big is a 35mm anyway?) super CCD sensor
>delivering 6.1 megapixals ( yes a 20mb uncompressed image) on a SLR
>platform which is using Nikon lenses.  I have not seen a price quote on
>it but it is said to beat up on Nikon's D1.  I thinking less than 3
>grand...

There's a sort of preview of the prototype of this model in this week's
'Amateur Photographer.' It's based on a Nikon F60 with an extra basepiece to
hold the 4 AA batteries (in addition to 2 CR2s) and memory cards, and they
reckon that when it appears it'll be about 600 UKP cheaper than the D1.
There are comparison pics with the D1 and they don't look much different
despite the Fuji's CCD being rotated 45 degrees. Nikon wins whichever you
buy. A 50mm lens gives a field of view equivalent to a 75mm on a 35mm
camera.

Me? I'll just keep waiting for something more attractive than a rehashed
plastic Nikon to turn up.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)