Re: [OM] My scanning woes, was, Re: TTL VS Flash meter

Subject: Re: [OM] My scanning woes, was, Re: TTL VS Flash meter
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 00:44:13 +0100
Cc: <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Brian Windrim wrote:

>...They definitely seem to be GIFs on you Web site (you can see this if you
>right-click on the image and select Save As), so Publisher must be
>making it's own copies of the JPGs and converting them to GIF...

It does! I did my web site with Ms Publisher - started with JPEGs and by the
time they were converted into the web pages they became GIFs. There doesn't
seem to be anything in the program that lets you change this.

>Check your Publisher settings and have a look at what it actually writes
>to the target directory.

Yes, Charlie, if you save your web pages to a folder instead of uploading
them directly, you'll see that all the pictures are GIFs. I was thinking of
converting them all to JPEGs (using ACDSee) and then trying to edit their
extensions within Publisher, but I doubt whether it would work, especially
when it comes to updating later.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)