[OM] More on Portrait Lighting

Subject: [OM] More on Portrait Lighting
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 03:04:21 -0700
For those of you that are interested in some different lighting methods
on fashion & portrait.  Look at the cover of the May edition of
PLAYBOY.  There's a perfect example of the three umbrella fashion set up
on Hef's Twins.  Check out the inside photos of these babes (I know it's
a lot to ask).  You see the girls in the back seat of the limo.  Guess
what shoot that.  You got it ... it's a big fashion ring flash.  So you
ask where's the reflection of the ring in the back window? ... Well they
either card boarded these windows (or they could have added that city
scene in PS) ... but I doubt it.  Why? you can still see the ring
reflection in the chrome around the back window molding.  Anyway this
cover has an incredible 3-D feel.  I'm sure it was shot with a large
format.  You never thought PLAYBOY as a good way to learn portrait light
set-ups did you?

Phillip Franklin