Re: [OM] Phoenix shopping and shooting?

Subject: Re: [OM] Phoenix shopping and shooting?
From: "Rand E." <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 07:30:28 -0400
Jez,
  There are several camera shops over by the stadium in Tempe.  Since
that is a collage town there should be a good chance of something nice.
  On your way back from the Grand Canyon (Flagstaff) go a little out of
your way and visit Sedona in Oak Creek Canyon.  It will likely be one of
your more memorable and picturesque spots.  It is important that you
enter from the Flagstaff side as the effect is many times greater.  It
is my opinion, the this is as close, in real life, to something on the
line of "The Land That Time Forgot"
  Another interesting spot is a town called Jerome.  It is an old mining
town that was claimed by the hippies during the '60's I guess and has
turned into and art type little town nestled on the side of a mountain.
It can be seen from quite some distance away.
  Actually, as a photographer, you could easily fill up a couple of
months taking unique pictures in Arizona.
Enjoy your trip.
Rand E.