Re: [OM] Another new guy

Subject: Re: [OM] Another new guy
From: Chip Stratton <chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:17:47 -0700 (PDT)
The OM-PC is a great value for the money, and an
excellent choice for a second camera. The additional
exposure sophistication and bright viewfinder make it
a good choice over an OM-G, for example, for very
little extra money.

Having said that, there are some caveats with this
model:

1. Some have a 'green' viewfinder image, some don't.
Doesn't really affect function, but can be
aesthetically displeasing.

2. Many now have, and presumably some will eventually
get, 'degenerative circuit disease', whereby the
shutter locks up on long (over 1/30 second or so)
automatic exposures. No cure that I know of, as no one
can replace the electronics in this camera that I know
of, and most places won't service it at all.

If everything checks out, it can be a wonderful
camera!

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx