Re: [OM] Phoenix shopping and shooting?

Subject: Re: [OM] Phoenix shopping and shooting?
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:19:11 EDT
Jez,
You couldn't pick a better area for a photo op! Four years ago I rented a van
from a conference in Phoenix, went up by way of Sedona (Rand is right..the
red cliffs are outstanding.) then to the Canyon via Flagstaff. There is a
fabulous old lodge called the El Tovar on the edge of the South Rim that was
built by the railroad magnates in 1905...I can't recommend it highly enough
(reserve ASAP). . You walk out on the veranda and the edge of the Canyon is
just a few feet away! I will never forget the stars at night at the Canyon.
Even tho you are only at an elevation of 5,000 or so feet, they are
absolutely huge. I then drove over to Vegas by way of the Hoover dam..another
awesome feat for a gal who has real problems with height perception, i.e. I
barf and go crazy. <g> And then Vegas gave me a plethora of fun lighting
challenges and strange people to photograph. I can't think of a better area
to really whet your whistle and use up copious quantities of film! My '76 OM2
was really put to good use.

My only regret was that I waited 40 years before I went to the Canyon. I've
visited almost every continent, but the Grand Canyon was truly awesome (man,
I sound like my kid..an overused phrase, but for this, it fits.)
Susan

Susan Steele
Amherst, Va USA