Re: [OM] OM1 foam replacement

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 foam replacement
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:16:23 -0400
Hi John,

Regarding the pentaprism foam:  I had noted in a private e-mail to you that
my OM-2 had an oval-shaped, translucent gray spot on it just below the meter
readout area.  You replied that the discoloration might be the result of
rotting foam contamination.  Is the foam laying on the top silvered surface?

Presuming that is the case, is there any way to reclaim the prism coating?
(I'm guessing no...other than resilvering it).  Is the prism
replaceable...and is that economically feasible?

Thanks,

Craig