Re: [OM] OM1 foam replacement

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 foam replacement
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:32:58 -0400
Yes, the foam presses right against the prism.
Resilvering may be possible, I haven't found anyone to do it yet.  Price per
piece would be more than most people would be willing to pay (I think).
Olympus ran out of new prisms (LC4086) a long time ago.
I clean the affected areas off the prism, down to bare glass (it still
reflects as a prism, BION ((believe it or not)) then rebuild.  Only thing
visible is a fine black line around the perimeter of the affected area.
Class II (used) prisms can be installed @ $45 additional for the part.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714