Re: [OM] loose OM-4 hot shoe

Subject: Re: [OM] loose OM-4 hot shoe
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:50:49 -0400
Cc: jsloane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'll third the recommendation of Gary and Joel. When my OM-4 got the limp foot, I decided it was time for a CLA and a little shoelace tightening, so off to John it went.

We had a thread last year about DIY repairs. Trust me, you DON'T want to bring that one up again. And you REALLY don't want to take off the top plate. There's a lot of little wires and doo-dads under that top. Remember, OM's are marvels of miniaturization relative to F2's, etc.. That means that they're hard to get the top back on without screwing something up. It's your body though.

If it were me? (And it was as I've already mentioned). I'd send it to John and pay to get it done right.

Skip