[OM] Pro's using OM (was "OM PC + others")

Subject: [OM] Pro's using OM (was "OM PC + others")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 23:35:26 -0500
At 07:49 PM 4/6/2000 -0600, Joel once wrote:
>> I don't think your choice of OMPC will be strange to anyone who is lucky
>> enough to have one. Someone just called it a "consumer" version of the
>> OM-2S. Yes, the single-digit OM's are considered the professional models,
>> although very few professionals still use OM's, so this nomenclature is
>> getting somewhat meaningless.

Boris responded:
>Can you give me reasons behind this? I am very curious. Passionate
photographer
>with no chance
>to become a professional any soon always thought highly of OM gear, very,
very
>surprised to
>hear this(also shows how out of touch I am, really, what do the professionals
>use this days,
>let's exclude digital domain).

They use Nikons and Canons, mainly, I reckon.  I don't really know, nor
much care.  John H. pointed up a pro using OM. So take heart, and take my
remarks with a grain of salt.  I think pro's probably need system stuff
that is easier to come by than waiting around for it to be offered up on
eBay.  It doesn't mean it's better than OM if a pro uses it, just more
modern and more readily available probably.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA