[OM] White flecks behind front element

Subject: [OM] White flecks behind front element
From: Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 07:17:45 -0400
Frieder,

Kamera Express says:

"The white flecks are nothing to worry about. They are the result of the way
the undercoating is applied."

However, another owner of a Zuiko 8mm told me he sees no white flecks in his.

Matt
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 01:50:34 +0200
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 09:03:49PM -0400, Matt BenDaniel wrote:
 > I've received a Zuiko 8mm lens from Kamera Express of the Netherlands.
 > 1. I see many white flecks behind the front element. How do they come about
 > and what implications do they have for the lens?

I also have these question about my 2/85. It seems to have white flecks or
whatever it is
behind the front element too, and I´d be happy about some advice?

Frieder Faig
(Germany)