Re: [OM] Upsilon and other lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Upsilon and other lenses
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 05:54:00 +0100
Boris wrote:

>...I see constantly on ebay lenses made for OM system other than Zuiko.
>Considering buying one, but wanted to check with the gurus which
>brands I should avoid...

Unfortunately third party lens brand names are all about marketing and give
little indication of manufacturer, quality or performance. For example, I
have two single-touch Hanimex zoom lenses that go to 200mm but are quite
different from each other in most respects - even their zoom rings operate
in opposite directions.

You could look at these for some idea of individual lenses that could be
worth buying, or avoiding:
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/cult.html - Cult third party lenses,
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/brands.html - Which brand is best? and
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/brontenmyths.html - Myths of photography