Re: [OM] Mercury Cells (was: Metering)

Subject: Re: [OM] Mercury Cells (was: Metering)
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:13:09 -0700
Cc: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Keith Berry wrote:

>>We don't have mercury batteries here in Brazil. Can you show me where
>>I can find somenone through the web?
>
>There are some suspect 'mercury' batteries lurking out there for the unwary.
>I had a real mercury one from Gary Schloss - schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - (Las
>Vegas, USA).

(My apologies for the delayed response to the above -- I read the list in
digest mode.)

Thanks much to Keith for the plug.  However, pls beware that the above
e-mail address is no longer active.  Pls use instead my current address:

schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx

FYI, I still have plenty of mercury (Hg) batteries available, and so
pls feel free to inquire and purchase off-list.

A propos Hg cells, they are no longer manufactured in Europe.  Pls
find below a letter from Varta (Germany).  It is in response to an
inquiry, and was posted to another mailing list.  I am reposting it
here without permission.

The original letter was in German, and I took the liberty to translate
it using an online language translator and tidbits of my own meager
knowledge.  Our many esteemed native German speaking Zuiks should feel
free to offer a more complete and accurate interpretation.  Here's
the post:

------- (begin IDCC post) -------