Re: [OM] Great E-site's on Maitani

Subject: Re: [OM] Great E-site's on Maitani
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 10:04:34 -0500
Well Ron,

I bring it up because what makes photography any different than any other
profession?,  or maybe they aren't so different after all.

I recently went to pick up my truck which was supposed to have been finished
and ready for me to drive home from a Body Shop that offers a "Life Time
guarantee", what ever that means.

The rear tail gate had been removed from the truck and re-painted.  Upon
reinstallation they must have dropped the tail gate( I hypothesize) and put
a dent on the corner of my tail gate and a nick in the paint.  On top of
this,  they did not re-clear the tail gate lettering.  Yet they promised to
make repairs to OEM standard. (original equipment manufacturers)

Now here's my argument...  Does the shop adviser have a duty to inform me of
the defects or short cuts (assuming he knew) or is it up to the customer to
notice and complain?

I think they do have a duty but I also understand that photography is
different.

I think in the article you read it dealt with a prop showing in one of his
professional photographs. (most people perhaps would not notice)  But how
many with a trained eye would notice?

Truthfully, I think alot of photographers always wish they would have done
something differently after they view the finished product and are their
harshest critic.

Personally, I have never seen a bad photograph, just some photographs are
better than others....

Sam....