[OM] Re: cleaning Vivitar zoom - but what to replace it with?

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning Vivitar zoom - but what to replace it with?
From: JEZ.CUNNINGHAM@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:10:43 +0200
Thanks to all for advice on cleaning the lens.  I succeeded to unscrew the
front ring and the front group was a single element which I managed to
clean of fungus.  I think I got it back without disturbing anything, but
only the next roll will tell.  However I know I didn't get it as clean as
I'd like (no Opticlean in my kit), so I still plan to replace it.

As I mentioned before, I like the 28-70 range and I'm concerned that with a
28-48 or 35-70 I'll miss a bit of flexibility.  Reading another posting
about 28 not being wide enough, and migrating to 24.  Then 24 not being
wide enough and migrating to 21... I'm tending in favour of the wide angle
end i.e. the 24-48.  Any other opinions?

Many thanks again
Cheers
jez