[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1571

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1571
From: "David Jenkinson" <Dangerous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:31:44 +0100
Gary wrote:
>>One can almost say that there is a need for both in a well equipment
arsenal of Zuiko
lenses.<<
Ooooh!  Help ma Boab!  This could be very expensive...
John wrote:
>>85/2's turn up second hand in the UK very occasionally<<
I couldn't wait, so Ace Cameras managed to find me a mint 100/2.8...MC to
boot.  That gives me a nice wee outfit, although I'd like to add a MC
50/1.4, as they seem to be well thought of, and not too expensive like the
50/1.2.  I also found a T18 flash for £6 in a local pawn shop, to go with
the T20.  I'll need to stop buying soon though, as the cards are weeping....
>>. Whatever you do, don't compare UK prices with US, you will just want to
break down and weep. Specially when you get to monsters like the 250/2.<<
Yes, I'd spotted that surfing the web.  I had a look at new prices for
Olympus stuff on the Jessops website.  The prices are just ridiculous.
You'd think Olympus were trying to put us off.  It's good to know that
theres still seems to be plenty of good used stuff around at reasonable
prices.
Cheers
Dave