Re: [OM] OM-2S repair in Indonesia

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S repair in Indonesia
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 02:52:40 -0700 (PDT)
Sam,

The repair shop is owned and run by Mr. Chaing. His business card just
reads:

        Rt. Chaing
       PHOTO CAMERA

followed by his address and phone number. It's just a house in a narrow
back-street, with the front room being used as a workshop. He has a
couple of other guys working for him. I understand with your reaction -
the service was very cheap. Incomes are low here but skills don't seem
to be lacking.

As to what Mr. Chaing did to the camera, well, I'm not completely sure
but he certainly fixed the jammed winder/shutter and seems to have
smoothed the action of the winder too, because it feels smoother now
than it did before it jammed. :-)

Regards,

Ray