[OM] OT -- 35mm in digital questions!!!

Subject: [OM] OT -- 35mm in digital questions!!!
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:08:13 EDT
Hi Folks,

    I know some of you are DEEP into photoshop and I would like to ask some
fundamental questions of you.

     1) How large a quality enlargement can a 4-5 meg PHOTO CD
         picture make--both raw and tweaked via Photoshop sharpen/
         Genuine Fractals plug in?

      2) Same as above, but for PRO CD file -- > 35meg?

      3) Is it safe to say a HP S-20 (2400dpi) scanner will yield BETTER
          results than a PHOTO CD scan?

       4) How do you deal with dust--set up a CLEAN room with
           multiple air filters, special gloves and so on?

       5) How does PHOTOSHOP compare to linux's GIMP?

       6) What book or online source has the best treatment of the
           issues of image conversion--from PHOTO CD to 20x30 to
           web thumbnail and so on?

Thanks very much!

Alex