Re: [OM] OT What eBay Sellers Sometimes Have to Put Up With

Subject: Re: [OM] OT What eBay Sellers Sometimes Have to Put Up With
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:57:11 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 02:18:23 +0000, John A. Lind wrote:

>Note that there was a bid retraction and go to the bid history page.  The
>value has dropped 15 0.000000rom $1000.  Read also an incredibly lame excuse
>for
>a bid retraction by the person who *was* the highest bidder.

But the crux of the matter is that your reserve is met, so you won't
be selling it or less than you wanted, and the high bidder still
won't pay any more than he's willing. Seems to me that everyone
should still be happy.

As for the lame excuse - I have bid on items myself once or twice
without taking the time to fully read and examine the rest of the
page. Unlike your high bidder, I went ahead and made good on my bid
(hoping to be outbid), but it is a mistake a reasonable person might
make. Since your reserve is still met, I wouldn't sweat it.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx