Re: [OM] (OT) How to write an autoreply routine

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) How to write an autoreply routine
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Apr 2000 13:27:29 +1000
"Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> If you decide to write your own, the #1 rule is:
>
> 1. Check the Precedence: header line, and never send a reply to messages
> with Precedence:bulk .

<even further off topic>

This little flood is also an example of why munging "Reply-To:" on a
mailing list is a Bad Thing.

I believe Reply-To: should be left however the sender set it (it would
stop all the accidental replies to the list, also).

--
Christopher Biggs -- chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Stallion Technologies Australia.
There's a bug in my mailer that mangles my sig but V guvax V'ir svkrq vg abj.