[OM] M42 -Reply

Subject: [OM] M42 -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:06:26 -0400
To properly adapt an M42 lens to Olympus you need an adapter with glass in it.
Adorama has them. On some lenses, the extra glass will not allow the rear lens
element to move back far enough, however. Also , there were some
Pentax screw mounts that had a pin on them to allow open metering, these will
not mate with the adapter. I've seen a Sigma 15mm Fisheye like this, for
example.

>>> <grigorov@xxxxxxx> 04/13/00 10:47am >>>
Hi all,
I have a few M42 lenses worth keeping and found an adaptor for OLYMPUS.
Unfortunately
the person couldn't tell me if it retains the infinite focus. Does anyone know
the register of OM cameras? Has anyone tried to adapt M42 to OLY? What are the
things I should be aware of?
Thanks in advance.
Boris