Re: [OM] Re: WAY OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: WAY OT
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:26:35 +0000
There is an organization called the Zeiss Ikon Collector's Group (ZICG) and
has a mail list also:
  http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/7139/

Don't bother with the archives, they haven't been maintained in quite a
while.  You can join the list, though.  The camera does have a fair amount
of value; how much will depend on which model.  There are several small
shops around the country that specialize in repairing them, much like John
H. does with OM hardware, and they are very good.  Ask the list and you
will get some recommendations for your Ikoflex.  It is how I had my Contax
IIIa's shutters resurrected my Contax IIIa's shutter.  If memory serves me
correctly, the lens on that Ikoflex is a very fine formulation of the Carl
Zeiss Tessar.  It's nickname translated from German is "Eagle's Eye."  A
good condition Tessar will be absolutely razor sharp and very, very high
contrast.

BTW, if she decides it's not worth fixing, contact me off-list.  I may be
interested!

-- John