[OM] <om content> linking to personal posts saved locally

Subject: [OM] <om content> linking to personal posts saved locally
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:44:50 PDT
Hi Acer (and others),

what's the consensus for my providing saved posts (saved locally) by list members as resources for future reference? In my just-one-year- as-of-this-week on the OM list, I've saved things, and now that I have an Oly-dedicated section on my webpage, do I have to get
permission from the original poster or is it now in the public domain?

Good idea!
That would definitely provide some quick answers to recurring threads. Regarding asking permission: I think as soon as you post something to the list it becomes public knowledge/property. Just as long as people don't take any credit/flak for things they didn't write...

In particular:Tomoko's OM->EOS adapter instructions
Hawkin's review of OptiClean
Trottier's shutter tester
Phillip's lens slide show (he's granted permission)

Yes, good ideas!

Olaf's Bokeh document

Please note that I didn't write that document myself, I just found it via some URL that someone posted on the list during one of the bokeh discussions. Either way, feel free to use it, as well as any messages I wrote about bokeh or whatever. :)

and others...these are the ones that just come to mind, there are others.

Hehehe, don't forget to include something about spotting SC lenses vs. MC lenses ;)))

Also, you can include stuff like Doris' 12 step program for evading spousal discovery of new OM gear, some of John's standard repair instructions, portrait studio light gear set-up suggestion by Phillip Franklin, etc.

What say you folk?

I say: go for it!

Cheerz!
Olafo

PS: Thanks all for the comments re my message about the package acquisition; I feel *so much* more relieved now that I managed to share that with the group :)))