Re: [OM] dissenting fellar

Subject: Re: [OM] dissenting fellar
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:12:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Acer V wrote:

> ==start quote==
> All of the smaller Zuiko lenses (the 200 mm f/4 on down) share the same
> chintzy plastic construction.  If you shake one, it rattles like a child's
> toy.  <snip>
> ==end quote==
>
> Anyone else agree or disagree? I've yet to /see/ a Zeiss/Leitz lens, let
> alone use one. Since I don't have the comparison, the Zuikos I have seem
> sturdy enough.

  I have all of the above, plus Nikkors and some Canon lenses.
As most people here know, one of my favorite things about the
OM system is its size & weight, and the smaller, slower lenses
have always been among my favorites.
  The petite OMs are beautifully constructed, fine handling and
performing lenses  (specially the 24/2.8s and 100/2.8s). Plastic ?
This guy may be talking about the Cosina-"Zuikos" for the OM-2000.

                                   *= Doris Fang =*