Re: [OM] OM-1 Black Metal Body Cap?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Black Metal Body Cap?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:19:34 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank van Lindert" <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 9:51 AM

> Perhaps you are right, Phillip.
>
> But the cap you describe is exactly like the five I own and which were
> sold to me as aftermarket ones. Same precise way of machining...
> Maybe I got Olympus Originals and was only charged for 3rd party ;-)
>
> My first OM-1, bought in early 1973 - less than a year after its
> initial release as M-1 - came wit a plastic body cap.
> But OTOH some of the early lenses (72mm and 100mm) did have a metal
> lens screw-in cap on the front. They are also much better for
> protection of the glass than their plastic equivalents, albeit a bit
> slower in handling.
>
> Frank.

Frank, are you saying that later 300/4.5 tele lenses comes with a plastic
screw-in
lens cap? I have an early example (probably SC; serial n/o 1036xx) bought as a
demo lens once, and it came with a metal screw-in cap with "OLYMPUS 72mm JAPAN"
on
the inward side. It's a very solid piece of accessory, and the only drawbacks is
that it can be somewhat noisy when you screw it in or out. Maybe it was the SC
versions of this lens that came with a metal cap?

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården

--
"Die Größe und den moralischen Fortschritt einer Nation kann man
daran messen,  wie sie die Tiere behandelt."