Re: [OM] OM-1 Black Metal Body Cap?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Black Metal Body Cap?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 08:31:06 -0600
At 12:19 PM 4/16/00 +0200, Per Nordenberg (in response to Frank van Lindert)
wrote:

[snip]

>Frank, are you saying that later 300/4.5 tele lenses comes with a plastic
>screw-in
>lens cap? I have an early example (probably SC; serial n/o 1036xx) bought as a
>demo lens once, and it came with a metal screw-in cap with "OLYMPUS 72mm
>JAPAN" on
>the inward side. It's a very solid piece of accessory, and the only drawbacks
>is
>that it can be somewhat noisy when you screw it in or out. Maybe it was the SC
>versions of this lens that came with a metal cap?

My 300/4.5 (serial no. 1399xx) came with the standard Olympus plastic cap with
the finger-pinch tabs on either side.  I think mine's also SC (never could
determine this for sure...)

Garth

"No, this is the Great Theatre of Life.  Admission is free, but the taxation is
mortal.  You come when you can, and leave when you must.  The show is
continuous.  Good-night."

    -- Robertson Davies
       1913 - 1995