Re: [OM] OM-1 Black Metal Body Cap?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Black Metal Body Cap?
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:34:09 +0200
Obviously I missed per's message, but luckily enough I saw Garth's
reply.
In early OM days the lenses with 72 and 100 mm filter threads came
with a screw-in metal lens cap, like yours. Soon the caps were
replaced by plastic snap-in ones. I have never seen any plastic
screw-in caps (it wouldn't make much sense, the thread would be gone
soon I am afraid...).
I must add that the 49mm plastic caps have changed during time - at
least three versions of those do exist. Maybe the 55's as well...
Good stuff for a new thread, I suspect ;-)

Frank.