Re: [OM] lens shades

Subject: Re: [OM] lens shades
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:18:40 -0400
The 35/2 and 85/2 use screw in Olympus hoods. The 50/1.8 uses either a screw-in hood or a clamp-on.

Skip

At 4/16/00 10:16 PM  -0400, you wrote:
Hello all,

I have a question about Zuiko lens shades.  I went to a camera show this
weekend, looking for lense shades for my zuiko lenses.  It appears that the
manufacturer only produced the clamp on type shades, and I have always liked
the screw on type.

although I found quite a few shades all in very nice condition, I didn't buy
any because a question popped into my mind.  In the effort to make these
lenses so small and light, is there are problem with vignetting if say more
than one filter is used, or a filter and a screw on type lense shade?  I
noticed this problem occured with some of the nikkor lenses I used to use.
If so, would this be a problem with many of the lenses, and which?  I
currently own a 35 f2, a 50mm 1.8, an 85mm f2, a 135mm 2.8, and a 34-70mm 4.

I normally keep a uv,  as a sacrificial filter on all my lenses.  The 135 of
course has a built in shade so we wont worry about that.

Charles