Re: [OM] XA2 aperture - fixed or variable

Subject: Re: [OM] XA2 aperture - fixed or variable
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:58:24 -0400
The shutter blades do double duty as the diaphragm too.  The second
electromagnet controls how far the blades are allowed to open.  If the
magnet releases the blades early it is a small f stop and a high shutter
speed (because the shutter is not opening all the way.)

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com