[OM] 135/2.8 Zuiko MC Bokeh

Subject: [OM] 135/2.8 Zuiko MC Bokeh
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 02:05:24 PDT
Cc: jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi John,

These are great examples of good bokeh pictures, especially in the second picture it's very noticeable that the background has all sorts of colours/variety, yet because of the heavy (and smooth!) blurring of the background, and the tack sharp eyes of the dog, the background is not too distracting, and your eye immediately gets drawn to the dog.

This confirms what I already expected about the 135/2.8: a very nice and sharp lens, lightweight yet fast and with very nice bokeh; I think this is like the "OM-40 amongst the Zuiko lenses": great value for money, and often heavily underrated. I shall make a point of using mine more often, if only I can force myself to, for once, leave the 100/2 at home :)

BTW: The composition in the pictures (especially the first one) is very nice too, great dog portraits! However, if I'd pick up on your suggestion I'd have to buy Gioconda a dog first before I can start introducing yet more gear... Hmmm, I'll stick with the "shoes tactic" for now, besides, it'll be a while until I need the next fix, the recently acquired package should keep me satisfied, for a while at least...:)))

Cheers!
Olafo