Re: [OM] RE: 135/2.8 AND Agfa CT-18

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: 135/2.8 AND Agfa CT-18
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 00:12:53 +0200
CT-18 was before my time, but my mom hasd used this film then. The
CT-18 slides look OK for colour slide film of that era, especialy if
compared with Ektachrome. Kodachrome 64 was a tad less grainy,
Kodachrome 25 much less but this film had half the sensitivity.

Ray Moth schrieb:

> I haven't used Agfa slide film since the early 1980s because I found it
> grainy beyond belief.

At the begin of the 80´s I used CT-100 and regarding grain there was no
difference to Ektachrome.

Later, with introducing of the Elite 100, Kodak had the edge in low-grain,
but I was still using AGFA because I had lot of problems with
colorcasts in Kodak slides.

> Man, was it graaaaiiinnnyyy!! With so much
> grain, I could've taken up chicken farming already! <G>

Must have been a different film I used. Which AGFA film did you use?
There are/were many AGFA slide films.

Interesting slide copy method sniped...

> But the really striking thing was the *grain* when the original was an
> Agfa slide. That, coupled with the colour shift and the lens's poor
> definition, made a head-and-shoulders portrait of my daughter look like
> a bowl of cornflakes!

Did you use AGFA RS1000 slide film? The fastest (ASA 1000) and grainiest
slide film (but practical all ASA 400 films are very grainy) I know.

Regards

Richard