[OM] Need Explanation for odd T-28 Twin behavior

Subject: [OM] Need Explanation for odd T-28 Twin behavior
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:53:41 EDT
I had a bit of a scare this evening.  My T-28 Twin started acting up.  It
would only fire every other frame almost systematically.  I tried it on my
OM-2, OM-2n & OM-4T all with the same results.  My T-10 seemed to work fine,
and firing the left and right flashes of the T-28 Twin worked fine too.  The
4T also synched at 1/60 (?) and showed the "under" signal in the viewfinder.
I began to panic....and then changed the batteries!
    Of course, most of you knew that was problem all along, and batteries are
always the first thing to check.  Anyway, why did this happen?  The orange
ready light illuminated and the camera body knew to fire the flash and knew
that the frame had not been exposed properly.  And why did it fire every
other frame almost without deviation? -- Obviously, this is my first set of
batteries through the newly acquired setup, but can somebody offer me a
semi-technical explanation?  If the orange ready light illuminates, what are
other clues that my batteries are running low (other than the flash not
firing)?

Thanks
--p.j.