Re: [OM] Lenses, films, general advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Lenses, films, general advice
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:17:25 EDT
Mike:

Here's my suggestion, trying to make as compact and flesxible kit as possible:

First, I would put the 35-70/3.5-4.5 on the OM-PC for your daughter. I
suspect she will like the extra flexibility over just a 50, and it isn't much
bigger or heavier.

I would only take 2 bodies for myself, probably the OM-4 and the OM-1n (If
I'm carrying more than 1 body, one of them is always an OM-1). With the OM-PC
that makes three bodies - more than enough, IMO. You might consider letting
your daughter use the OM-2S insetad of the OM-PC - she might like the spot
meter (and possibly learn a little by using it). I guess that depends on your
daughter.

For lenses: The 24/2.8 (of course), one of the 50's (I would probably take a
1.4), and the Tokina.  I would consider packing the Vivitar 28-105, but would
probably end up leaving it in the hotel room unless I wanted to do a really
light (1 body/1 lens) sojourn.

A couple of other things I would have with me: A T20 flash, polarizer,
extension tubes or closeup lenses, and spare batteries.

Hope this helps,

Paul