Re: [OM] Re: OT: F5

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT: F5
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:40:25 -0400
One must also question the objectivity and veracity of a man who calls
himself "Grumpy".

In a past life I was a radio talk show host.  That experience taught me that
there are simply some people who possess a visceral need to complain
bitterly and feel victimized.  Nothing will assuage their anger and they
vent it by screaming at talk show hosts, yelling at customer support techs
(and authoring ax-grinding, self-important Web sites).   I also found they
usually favor the sort of language seen in "Grumpy's" Web page introduction.
It's a tell-tale sign of a person who's got problems far deeper than the one
he or she's complaining about.  The F5 may or may not be a dog...but I
wouldn't base my buying decision on "Grumpy's" testimony.

In all fairness, though, some of the advice and information on his site is
very interesting and useful...especially if you're really into orange diesel
locomotives.

Craig R.
Boston