Re: [OM] introduction of myself

Subject: Re: [OM] introduction of myself
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:18:12 -0400
From: Frieder

> Hello,

Welcome to the active participant list!

> I´m a listener of the Olympus Mailing list for a few time ( just about
2000 mails....).
> Because it seems to be usual to introduce a person here, I'll write a bit
about me, and my way to zuikoholism :). It wont be too much, because I´m a
german, not too fast in writing English sentence.

<snip>

> I was very pleased to find such an active OM-community on the web.
Realizing that I´m not the only Guy playing with this old fashioned, but
fascinating Photo stuff.

Same here.  Be forewarned, it is costly on the pocketbook to read this
stuff!

> I'm not an native English speaker, and would have some questions about the
photo slang.
> (beeing glad, that bookeh, was explained some mails ago :).
>
> I'm not   common with the English/American style of rating  the condition
of   used Equipment.
> Do I guess right that they're ranked form 1..10, with 10 as best value?

That is correct.  Unfortunately, what some rate a 9+ others would rate
lower.  It is often possible to detect the bias by reading the discription.

> - And what is meant by `mint-condition` ?   Just another way of saying it
is in very good shape.  Again, are they saying like new, or very good for a
25 year old camera.  There is a range of  rating among those who sell (for
instance on eBay).  On this list the ratings are much more consistant.

> So I hope with reading more and more mails  I'll understand more and more
of what's going on in the Zuiko's World in the year 2000, and you know who
is sending this stuttering mail, when I send some comment`s to the list.

BTW, (by the way) your English is very good, much better than many
Americans!

Gregg