Re: [OM] OT: Nikon AF and Grumpy (was OM2000 flash, etc.)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Nikon AF and Grumpy (was OM2000 flash, etc.)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:03:22 -0500
John, You would have to ask.;-)  I don't know whether they did and I don't
know why they would *if* they did.  The guy just said that his FE2
over-focused (or was it under-focused?), that he believed his camera was
typical and Nikon intended it to be that way, and that he manually
compensated!

What occurred to me is that my best shots with my Nikon gear tended to be
those in which I focused hyperfocally;  tightly focused, wide-open shots
were rarely tack sharp for me.  But I use a better tripod now and use the
self-timer regularly, which makes a huge difference with Oly gear, and I
presume it would make the same difference if I used both with the FE2.

Maybe I'll burn a test roll to see what happens.  A few shots of a ruler
from a 45 degree angle with the 55/2.8 micro would tell the tale.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA