Re: [OM] Bought a new film scanner - marginally off-topic (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Bought a new film scanner - marginally off-topic (OT)
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:21:57 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/00 6:37:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< You're only planning for a week? Very short time for that far a trip.
 Anyway, if you would like me to check for some good, cheap lodgings in the
 region just let me know. And give me a holler no matter if you're going this
 year or next; we might be able to arrange for a meeting - how about a tour
 of Bamberg guided by a native (me :-); make sure to bring your OMs and
 plenty of film as it's very picturesque - but I suppose you must have been
 here before if you lived in Nürnberg for so long). Of course, this offer
 stands for any list member as long as I'm able to fit it into my schedule.

No, I am coming for two weeks (if I can swing it). I have had a German
cyber-penpal for three years..a banker in Frankfurt...he is putting us up for
one week and then we were to drive down to Bavaria for the second week to
stay with the friends...you simply can't beat two weeks' free lodging! I have
not given up yet..have to wait and see how profitable the next quarter is. By
the way, the German friend is coming here for two weeks in May..he loves to
travel in the States. I'll have to see if i can convert him to "LympusLust"!
Susan
Thanks for the offer! I'll keep your letter..been to Bamberg several times,
but never with a native! I would stop there often on my way up to
Staffelstein (Kaiserlust) and Nierstein (Bleicrystallust).