[OM] Problems with my new Acer Scanwit (OT) - long and somewhatangr

Subject: [OM] Problems with my new Acer Scanwit (OT) - long and somewhatangry....
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 02:36:51 -0700
Tom & others,

I think you responded to Boris's advice to dump your current system and
purchase a Mac was an encellent response.  Since I've been in the
computer software & hardware business before they ran on electricity, I
find it almost humorous that there are so many "experts" who know the
solution to every problem is just to throw out what you have and
purchase what they have.  Unfortunately this is especially true of some
of the Mac enthusiasts.  I think it is like some religeous zeal that
they have seen the light and therefore they have the perfect solution to
every computing problem.   Besides having two Windows machines that I'm
very happy with, I even have a souped Mac G3 (the price was right).  But
in all honesty I can create just as many problems (if not more) with
connectivity on that machine as any other computer that I have ever
messed with. And I've messed with quite a few over the years.  So please
no OS flames. That is not what this list is about.  But I'll tell all of
you a specially guarded secret that the masters of the universe have
gone to great expense in keeping from the public.  Here it is ... just
promise never ever to reveal it for the sake of the future of all
humanity ... THERE IS NO PERFECT COMPUTER SYSTEM ... THERE NEVER WAS A
PERFECT COMPUTER SYSTEM ... THERE NEVER WILL BE A PERFECT COMPUTER
SYSTEM.

I hope I have not overly offended the zealots and "experts" out there
who have that wonderful slogan that we always hear them chant.  As if
chanting it more often will make it the truth.

For OM content I will say that the OM System is the only perfect 35mm
SLR system ever conceived.  Those who choose not to use it and become
enchanted with it will never see the light.  We all know that owning a
brand new OM4Ti and OM3Ti coupled to the Zuiko  35-80/f2.8 Zoom,  90/f2
Macro, 180/f2, 250/f2, and 350/f2.8 will make anyone the world's
greatest photographer.  And you can even go one step beyond that by
aquiring the Zuiko 24/f3.5 shift lens, and also the 21/f3.5, 21/f2.0 and
even the 16/f3.5.  This is just common knowledge that all of us
"experts" on list know.  I've been to the top of Mt. Olympus and the
photography gods have assured me that this is the gospel.

Phillip Franklin