Re: [OM] Zuiko 85 f2 vs. 100 f2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 85 f2 vs. 100 f2
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:08:15 -0400
The 85 and 100 aren't interchangeable, especially for portraits.  You'll
have difficulty framing heads tightly with the 85.  (My old Zuiko 85
wasn't as sharp as some other 85's I've had, but . . .not a problem in
portraiture.)  If I had to pick one lens in this range it would be the
100/2.8  It's a jewel of a lens; you should be able to get a SC example
for under $150.

Slightly off-topic: If anyone cares to photograph the face in
profile--nearly a lost art--then dust off your 135.  It's perfect for
silhouettes.

Morgan Sparks