Re: [OM] Problems with my new Acer Scanwit (OT) - long and somewhat ang

Subject: Re: [OM] Problems with my new Acer Scanwit (OT) - long and somewhat angry....
From: johncw@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:39:49 -0600

Tom Scales,

Most probable scenario is that the "interrupt" for the SCSI adapter is in
confict with the Acer supplied software. This explains why it will not work
on various hardware platforms. This is also an OS independent problem. When
you install the card, WIN98 Plug 'n Play (PNP) automatically configures the
hardware. Hardware installs with no errors. Acer software installation then
occurs and no errors are reported. Attempts to use both the "new" hardware
and the Acer software together results in error or no operation.

You can verify card operation by selecting the card driver and running the
self-tests, but I doubt there is a problem, especially with Adaptec. No
mention of whether there is a Acer diagnosis test, but if so, run it.

Acer software is "looking" for specifics and it is not finding it. You will
have to manually configure either the card or the software until they
match.

Off-list I could probably help you out. It's your call. (Personally I would
get rid of the Acer)

John Cwiklinski